Friday 1 July 2011

Friday!

Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books. It's a chance for book bloggers to connect and share the book love. Check out Crazy for Books (click on the button) for more details and to find the links of some awesome blogs.

This week's question is:
What keeps you reading beyond the first few pages of a book, and what makes you want to stop reading a book and put it back on the shelf?
I need an explosive start to a book usually to get me hooked right away and characters that draw me straight in. If it takes a couple of chapters to get going, I'm usually put off and that can affect my opinion of the rest of the book. Things that can make me stop reading: dull characters, a plot that's too predictable, annoying writing habits like having to describe the exact appearance of every character every time they appear or too much recapping of what's already happened.

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee. Just click on the banner below to see the rules and to join in.

This week's question is:
ACK! Your favorite book/movie character (example Hermione Granger played by the Emma chick) just walked into the room! Who is it and what would be your first reaction? You get extra points if you include visual stimulation.

Harry Potter - Sirius Black - Azkaban Prison 11x17 PosterHmm, the hard part of this question it the who is it part lol. I'm going to go with Gary Oldman/Sirius Black because both character and actor is full of awesome. My reaction? Well, initially I assumed I'd be all fangirly and not be able to talk and just make a complete idiot of myself. However, the couple of times I've met celebrities I've really liked, I've managed to act quite normal - even if my head voice is going 'omg omg omg' repeatedly. So yeah, I'm going to say I'd be able to hold myself together and just be like "Hi. You're an amazing actor, blah blah" and then maybe have a chat about something random lol


Read My Review is a chance for book bloggers to share new and old reviews, related to a theme. It is hosted here at A Trillian Books. Make sure you leave your OUTDOOR reviews on the current linky and also visit some of the awesome reviews already there.

It's also Mega Swagbucks day! If you don't use Swagbucks you should give it a try. Just use it to search as you would your usual search engine and you periodically earn swagbucks which can be redeemed for prizes. Currently I average about 2 £5 Amazon gift cards a month just by using swagbucks for some of my internet searching (I don't even use it all the time). Click below to join.



Search & Win

Disqus for A Trillian Books

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails