Thursday 21 April 2011

Booking Through Tursday: Judging Books By Their Covers


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading. This weeks question is:

CAN you judge a book by its cover?

Admittedly, I do tend to judge books by their cover, at least initially - as in whether I'll read what it's about. However, I know from experience that I shouldn't. Too often I have bought a book because I like the cover only to find that I really don't like the actual book and I'm pretty sure there's some books that I've been lent or given that I normally wouldn't have even looked at because the cover is ugly and it's turned out to be an amazing read.

So, really, I don't think books should be judged by their cover but inevitably they are. Also, I'm probably a bit rubbish at actually judging books this way lol.

Disqus for A Trillian Books

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails