Wednesday 21 April 2010

Review: Airhead - Meg Cabot

Emerson Watts has a pretty average life. She does well at school and her favourite thing is to play computer games with her best friend, Christopher (who she secretly has a crush on). She's not one of the "In crowd" and doesn't particularly want to be. 


After an accident Em wakes up to find herself with a new body - that of Nikki Howard, teenage Supermodel. Em is thrust into Nikki's world of photoshoots, nightclubs and boyfriends but all she really wants is her old life back. Deciding to enroll Nikki in her old High School, Em soon finds herself the most popular girl in school whether she likes it or not.

When I picked up this book from the library, I was expecting just a fun, light, fluffy read - which it was but there's also much more to Airhead. I enjoyed reading it so much more than I expected to.

I loved Em as a character as she was someone I could really identify with (or would have done if I was still 16 lol!). It was great that she had real issues dealing with being Nikki as so many books of this type seem to fail on this part. To start with she just thinks the whole thing is ridiculous and even when she resigns herself to the fact she's just going to have to get on with it, Em still has trouble handling it all.

The plot was fun and fast paced throughout and I would have quite happily read through the whole book in one go if I'd had the time. The only minor critisism I have of this book is that I felt the end was a little abrupt and not really an end as such. As this is the first of a series this is obviously because it's continued in the next book but somehow it didn't seem like a proper end to me. Still, this just makes me want to read the next one all the sooner!

www.megcabot.com

Disqus for A Trillian Books

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails