Sunday 21 February 2010

Review: Princess Academy - Shannon Hale

I actually enjoyed this book muxh more than I expected. The title and cover put me off a little (I had the pink cover version - the one pictured here is much nicer) as it looked like some fluffy, girlie book but the plot summary caught my attention so I thought I'd give it a try.

The main character, Miri, has wonderful depth, making you care about what happens to her. The descriptions are detailed enough that you can imagine the village and the academy without being over the top. The back-story is interesting and the concept of the plot is well thought out and written.

This is definitely a book that falls in the fantasy genre rather than the fluffy romance genre which first impressions may suggest. A recommended read.

Disqus for A Trillian Books

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails