Sunday 21 February 2010

Review: Marked - P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast

Typical teen fiction that has so many things in it that I don't like in a book but somehow I really liked it! It's Twilight without emo-girl and sparkley vampires. It's vampire Mean Girls meets Buffy. It's so wrong that it's right! How could I not love a country music loving vampire called Stevie Rae?

I'm not sure about the vampire-lore of this book and the overly detailed descriptions of what every character was wearing each time they were seen bugged the hell out of me. About half way through I was starting to worry that there wasn't going to be any plot to the book as up until then it was pretty much explaining everything. The rest of the book developed nicely though and while there still wasn't a great amount of plot there, it was clearly setting up the rest of the series.

The preview of book 2 seems to get right to the point though so hopefully there won't be a repeat of everything before getting into the plot of that one.

Maybe not a literary classic but a fun read for vampire fans

Disqus for A Trillian Books

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails